Monday, September 8, 2008

Coming Soon: The Firehouse

Well, we are getting pretty close to the Firehouse launch.  The past few weeks have been relaxing not having the responsibility to lead worship every week, but they have also remained pretty busy.  So far, I have ordered about half of what we will need to get going, but I'm about done doing all the research.   My goal is to have everything ordered by the end of this week.

For those of you interested in gear talk, here's what the Firehouse look like:

Instruments:
Percussion--Remo Klong Yao, Zildjian Splash, LP Soft Shaker, and LP Tambourine
Bass--Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI (we have some killer subs)
MIDI--M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 running Reason 4.0 on a 2.4 GHz Macbook sending audio out of an M-Audio Firewire 410 Interface.  Also, a YounFX aBility footcontroller

We will rely on whoever plays to bring a Bass, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, although I will probably have my gear there all the time.

Here's my gear:
Fender American Standard Stratocaster>TIM Overdrive>tc electronic Nova Delay>Limited Edition Tweed Blues Jr.
Martin 000C-16GTE

I'm still using a stock Ibanez TS9 for now, but my TIM should be ready soon.

The sound system looks like this:
Soundraft GB4 mixer>DBX DriveRack 480 Signal Processor>Crown XTi 2000 power Amps>EV QRX 115/75 speakers with EV QRX 218s Subwoofer.

So, if you know sound, you know this is a good sound system.  I'm so thankful for the resources to do quality worship ministry.  God has blessed our church with the ability to do things well, which in the end will lead more people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.  I'm humbled that they have trusted me to lead this area of ministry, and also very excited to get started.

No comments: